Gout can pose a huge effect on a person’s life. The pain can make it difficult to get through day-to-day tasks and keep you from enjoying your favorite activities. CBD oil may be able to provide much-needed relief, although how well it will work for you is hard to know without trying it out yourself.
One of the most common questions people ask about CBD oil is what it can do for gout. Well, this article will provide you with some information on how CBD oil can improve your health and reduce the risk of experiencing another painful bout of gout. Through this post, you will learn more about how to take advantage of the benefits provided by CBD oil for gout.
How Does CBD Oil Aid in Treating Gout Symptoms?
The use of CBD oil helps in gout as it can be very effective in treating inflammation, pain, and swelling. It can provide you with the relief that you need to get through those tough days when gout makes it hard for you to do your normal activities.
CBD oil helps in keeping a patient with gout move normally without being bothered by the pain and discomforts coming from their gout. This is big as they can go about their day and become productive again.
CBD oil is a great option for those who suffer from gout as it poses no risk of addiction and has very few side effects. As a result, you can feel confident knowing that your quality of life will improve while using this product (without feeling like you are burdening others).
Read more: CBD for Fibromyalgia Treatment: Top Brands
Gout: What is It?
Gout can manifest itself in different ways. It is an inflammatory disease that results when excess uric acid builds up in the bloodstream and causes painful inflammation of one or more joints, most typically the base joint of the big toe. Gout may also cause kidney stones to form as well as other health problems such as erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) and C-reactive protein.
The condition is caused when there’s an excessive amount of uric acid in the blood, which crystallizes and starts to accumulate around the joints. CBD oil can help reduce this dangerous buildup by breaking down these crystals that cause gout symptoms such as swelling and pain.
Different Benefits from CBD Oil for Gout
CBD oil is a great treatment option for gout symptoms because it has different benefits that can help you get through the day. Some of these include:
- Relief from inflammation: CBD is effective in reducing swelling and pain, which are two common symptoms of gout. This means less discomfort when moving around or sleeping at night. Furthermore, it can prevent the joints from getting any worse and reduce the risk of further complications.
- Helps to maintain a healthy heart function: CBD oil has been shown to improve your cardiovascular health, which is extremely important as gout sufferers are at high risk for developing many different types of heart problems such as high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, and congestive heart failure.
- Increase blood circulation and reduce muscle stiffness: CBD oil has been shown to increase the flow of blood throughout your body, which helps in reducing pain while also flushing toxins out of the affected area. This can be very helpful for gout sufferers as their muscles are often stiff due to a lack of proper function. The increased blood flow also helps in breaking down uric acid deposits and prevents further build-up.
Read more: Top CBD Oil for Migraines & Headaches
Can CBD Provide Safe Results?
CBD oil for gout symptoms is not only effective but also safe to use without the fear of addiction or further complications. It has no side effects and can be bought online from a reputable source. This shows that CBD oil should be considered as an option if you are looking for relief from the pain and discomfort caused by this disease.
Read more: Top CBD Oil for Nerve Pain
What CBD Products to Take for Gout?
When you are deciding on the best CBD oil for gout, it is important to consider what products can help you get through your day with little to no pain. Some of these include:
- Tinctures: A tincture is a liquid form that allows for easy consumption to reduce inflammation and discomfort associated with this disease. Tinctures can be added to food and drinks such as tea or coffee for this purpose.
- Topicals: Another product that you should consider is a topical solution, which allows CBD oil to absorb through your skin to ease pain from gout flare-ups. It also helps reduce inflammation of the joints while preventing further build-up of uric acid.
- Capsules and Suppositories: CBD capsules can be used as a daily supplement to reduce inflammation as well as prevent the development of new gout flare-ups. Furthermore, suppositories are effective for those who suffer from extended pain that has lasted more than 12 hours after taking medications such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
Gout: Using CBD Oil
If you opt to use CBD oil for your gout, you can take this by mouth as a capsule or liquid. You can also apply it to the affected area by using products such as topicals and suppositories for faster results that last throughout your day, especially if you need to be on your feet and active.
Gout: Using CBD Topical
If you opt to use CBD topical, you will need to apply it directly onto the affected area and rub until fully absorbed. You will feel immediate relief from your pain as well as see positive results in just a few days without having to take any medication that has negative side effects on your kidneys or liver.
Which is Right for Gout: CBD or Traditional Medications?
Choosing between CBD oil and traditional medications requires research and consideration of your individual needs. Some factors to think about include:
Whether you have any allergies that may interfere with the use or ingredients in traditional medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen sodium.
How often do you experience gout flare-ups? If it is more than once a week, CBD oil for gout is the best option. If it is only once in a while, traditional medications may be just as effective with less risk of side effects that CBD oil does not have.
How long do you need relief? You can use topical solutions for immediate pain relief or take capsules if you want to prevent further flare-ups throughout your day.
Will CBD be easily accessible for you? If pills or other products are not as easy to get a hold of, topical solutions may be the best option. However, it’s always recommended consulting your doctor before choosing one over another if you have any medical conditions that can interfere with their use.
What Is the Recommended Dosage for CBD Oil?
The recommended dosage of CBD oil varies depending on your weight, severity of pain, and other factors that can affect how it works in your body. It is highly advised to consult with a doctor before using any treatment option, as they will be able to tell you what dosage would work best for your condition.
Oil Alternatives to Use for Gout Relief
Certain oils can be used for gout relief, especially when CBD is not available. Some of these include:
- Olive oil – this has antioxidants that reduce inflammation and relieve pain associated with the disease. It also contains anti-inflammatory properties to calm down any discomfort you might experience in your joints or feet.
- Coconut oil – this is a fatty oil that reduces inflammation and soothes skin.
- Aloe Vera – this plant has anti-inflammatory properties which can help reduce pain levels as well as treat any lesions or open wounds on the affected area. Using it topically will also prevent scarring from occurring, allowing you to heal quickly with minimal discomfort after using CBD oil.
Gout: Prevention Tips
There are several ways you can prevent gout and lower your uric acid levels:
- Quit smoking – this is one of the most important things to do if you want to reduce inflammation in your body, especially for those who suffer from chronic conditions such as arthritis or gout. Smoking causes a buildup of toxins that increase pain and make it harder for the body to fight infection.
- Lose weight – being overweight creates more demand on your joints and can lead to inflammation in them as well, which will cause gout flare-ups. Losing just a few pounds is enough to significantly reduce your risk of developing this condition or lessen your symptoms if you already have it.
- Limit alcohol intake – alcohol is not only bad for your liver, it increases inflammation in the body, which can cause gout.
- Exercise regularly- this will help strengthen your muscles and increase blood flow so that more oxygen is available to tissues throughout the body. This helps keep joints healthy by preventing them from becoming stiff or inflaming when you are active.
- Eat a healthy diet- eating foods that are high in antioxidants and low in purines is the best way to prevent gout. Some examples of these include dark leafy green vegetables, berries, beans, peas, and soybeans. Foods to avoid are fatty meats such as liver or kidneys because they contain too much purine, which can cause a buildup of uric acid.
- Get enough sleep- insufficient amounts of shut-eye can also cause gout flare-ups, so it is best to get at least seven hours a night. If you have trouble sleeping or suffer from insomnia, CBD oil for sleep may be your saving grace as well!
CBD Oil for gout is effective and can provide relieving results to its users. However, it is always best to consult with a doctor before using any type of treatment option. There are other alternatives available such as CBD oil for sleep and topical solutions, which can provide the same benefits if you do not have access to pills or supplements.
Do you want to know where to buy CBD oil? Now you can get it online! Leave a comment below!