Do you suffer from nerve pain? If so, then you may have been searching for a natural remedy. With the birth of CBD oil and other related products, people are now able to find relief from their symptoms without having to resort to pharmaceuticals or invasive treatments. In this article, we will explore how CBD products work and why it is such an effective treatment option!
Description, Causes, And Symptoms Of Neuropathic Pain
Neuropathic pain is due to irritation and damage of nerve fibers. This type of pain can range from mild to severe, and it often affects one side of the body more than the other.
One common cause for neuropathy is compression – your nerves can become compressed by a tumor or an inflammatory disease like arthritis, which causes them to stretch and tear as they pass through small spaces in your body. If you’ve ever experienced sciatica pain, that’s what this feels like.
The symptoms associated with neuropathy are just as bad as they sound: burning sensations in your arms, legs, fingers, toes, face, ears… basically all over the place! A throbbing pain is also commonly associated with neuropathy.
It’s important to note that this condition is also often accompanied by numbness, tingling, and muscle weakness.
Neuropathic pain can be treated through medication or natural remedies, but the most effective method of pain relief is still CBD oil!
What Are The Treatment Options For Neuropathy?
There are several treatment options available to people who suffer from nerve pain.
Painkillers/analgesics – This is obvious, but you shouldn’t underestimate the effectiveness of prescription-strength Ibuprofen or Naproxen. Be aware that NSAIDs can have harmful side effects on your stomach lining, so always take this medication with food! Sometimes you might need something stronger than over-the-counter medications for serious cases. Some examples include opioids like Morphine and Oxycodone, which are both highly addictive… CBD oil is an incredibly effective alternative to these drugs.
Antidepressant medications – Antidepressants aren’t just for depression; they’re also used to treat neuropathic pain in many patients. SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like Prozac and Zoloft are commonly prescribed for this purpose, as well as SNRIs (serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors).
Gabapentin & Lyrica – These two drugs both work to reduce the number of nerve signals that get sent to the brain, and they’re often used together. Lyrica is a newer drug on the market, and it can be extremely helpful for people who suffer from neuropathy due to something known as Shingles. There’s no cure for Shingles, but it can be treated with several strong medications, including gabapentin and Lyrica.
How Does CBD Oil Help Neuropathic Pain?
One of the most common types of nerve pain that people experience is neuropathic pain. This type of pain occurs when your peripheral and central nervous systems become hypersensitive, leading to painful sensations like burning, tickling, or stabbing.
While there aren’t any studies specifically on CBD oil helping with neuropathy (yet), there are many positive testimonials from people using CBD oil for this condition.
Taking CBD oil orally reduces the number of pain signals sent to your brain by producing endocannabinoids – natural chemicals which act as messengers in your body. So far, research supports the fact that these endocannabinoids can decrease inflammation and reduce neuropathic symptoms. In addition, some studies have found that an overproduction of glutamate causes high levels of nerve pain, and CBD may help to lower these levels, which in turn helps make the pain more manageable.
Benefits of CBD Oil
There are tons of positive testimonials from people using CBD oil for neuropathy relief. The benefits of CBD oil can include: pain relief, reducing inflammation and swelling, improving immune function, and even slowing the growth of cancer cells. Here’s a quick list of some top benefits:
- Pain relief – research has shown that CBD is effective at relieving chronic pain such as fibromyalgia.
- Reduce symptoms and severity of arthritis.
- Decrease anxiety and depression.
- Restore hormonal balance by regulating insulin production.
- Can protect against diabetes.
- Improves blood flow to the brain for those with low blood pressure.
- It slows bacterial growth and wards off malodor in your mouth – so you don’t have bad breath!
CBD Products Review
CBD Oil For Nerve Pain (Top Choice)
CBD Oil is the most popular method of using CBD because it’s easy to use and extremely effective. Many people choose vaping CBD oil for this reason. Another benefit is that you don’t have to worry about THC in your system when taking CBD oil orally – even if you are drug tested at work, there are no psychoactive effects from taking CBD oil products.
- Very effective for pain relief.
- Available in many forms – from capsules to vaping oils.
- Easy to use.
- CBD oil products aren’t as common as they should be, so you might have a hard time finding them locally. You’ll also need to pay more for these items, but most people agree that it’s worth the extra cost!
Related article: Top CBD Oil Products of Kids
CBD Gummies For Nerve Pain
Another popular way to take CBD is by eating CBD gummy bears or other edibles. These tasty treats can be a great alternative if you don’t want to vape or to take a capsule every day, and some people even give these items out as treats to their furry friends!
- Easily available online and in most head shops.
- Comes in many different flavors and shapes.
- Easy to take on the go.
- Very effective for pain relief.
- CBD gummies are extremely popular right now, and there is a good chance that they will be harder to find soon – prices might also go up! But if you can still find them, this is definitely the most cost-effective way to buy CBD oil products – especially if you need a lot of them!
CBD Topicals For Nerve Pain
Topicals are another great way to use CBD oil for pain relief. These products are applied directly to the skin, and you can get everything from muscle rubs to lip balm with CBD in them.
- Great for localized pain relief (e.g., your back).
- You don’t have to worry about THC in these products!
- CBD topicals aren’t very popular yet, so you’ll need to search for a product like this online or find a local dispensary that carries it. This might be difficult depending on where you live!
CBD oil has been known to help with a variety of conditions, including nerve pain. There are many different types of CBD products on the market – from oils and capsules to topical creams. In this article, we discussed how each product works for nerve pain as well as its benefits. If you or someone you know is suffering from neuropathic pain, let us know in the comments below!